Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 18: Excuses, excuses

My dad doesn't like it when we have our five good reasons why we didn't do this or that, and I can't blame him. My bro's and I are all extremely talented at wheedling our ways out of dropped responsibilities,.. I hope we have gotten a little more responsible over time, but yeah, we've had our share of excuse making. Usually, our excuses are partially valid, but that doesn't mean we tried our best. Responsibility requires loyalty and faithfulness, and that's what excuses free us from. Learning responsibility early is a good thing and I'm thankful my parents have tried to make us responsible, even though we can be rather irre-so.. 


I think responsibilities greatest enemy is procrastination, something that gives me a lot of trouble. I can find a way to put anything off, and no matter how many times I heard about "pokey" who always put everything off, I find myself following in his cartoon footsteps. Thankfully, I have an excuse for every time I don't get something done, because I'm just awesome like that. 


Luke 16:10 says, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." 


I like the quote, "Excuses are the nails to build a house of failure." As long as you're excusing your way out of mistakes, you won't learn to accept them and improve. I really don't think I should be writing this blog post. 








"Bad men excuse their faults; good men abandon them."~Anonymous







No comments:

Post a Comment